We spend so much of our life asleep, shouldn’t we be spending it in absolutely the most comfort? You’re obviously in the market for a new Mattresses and will already know that there is a huge amount of choice out there.
The goal of this Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress review is to help you decide if it’s the perfect Mattresses for your needs.
We start our review with a number of scores, these are designed to give you a quick overview of how well Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress performs against the many alternatives out there. As a guide, any score over 7 is above average.
Latest Price: £341.22
- Free Next Day Delivery – or choose a day that’s best for you
- Part of Sealy’s Activsleep collection, designed to help you wake refreshed
- Extra firm – perfect if you love a sturdy feel
- Plenty of orthopaedic support to care for your back
- Sealy’s PostureTech Zero Deflection spring system provides high levels of support
- Zero Deflection helps prevent the transfer of motion between you and your partner
- Expertly hand-tufted to lock in and secure the fillings firmly
- Hand-tufting also provides enhanced support
- Smooth knitted fabric cover is plush and cushioning
- Adaptive® cover technology helps wick away moisture for a cooler, fresher sleep
- Cover is infused with Purotex probiotics to guard against dust mites and bacteria
- Approved by Allergy UK for your peace of mind
- Hypoallergenic – a good choice if you suffer from allergies
- No need to turn – easy-care and single-sided
- Simply rotate end-to-end on a regular basis
Key features of Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress
- PostureTech Zero Deflection
- Soft white fibres
- Knitted cover
- Orthopaedic support
- Approved by Allergy UK
- Extra Firm
- 23cm deep
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Handcrafted in the UK
- Fire Resistant
- The Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress is a super-firm orthopaedic mattress from world-renowned Sealy. Designed to help you feel rested and revitalised, the Activsleep range helps you get the great night’s sleep you need. Sealy’s Zero Deflection spring system delivers plenty of firmer support, exactly where you need it the most. There’s no transfer of movement between you and your partner, so you’ll get a peaceful sleep, undisturbed by tossing and turning. Hypoallergenic and approved by Allergy UK, it’s a good choice if you’re looking for a healthier sleep. It comes complete with Free Next Day Delivery and a 5 Year Guarantee as standard.
- Sleep well and wake ready to seize the day with the Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress!Part of Sealy’s Activsleep range, this super-firm, orthopaedic mattress is a great choice if you love a sturdy feel and plenty of support to care for you as you sleep.Featuring Sealy’s PostureTech Zero Deflection, this high-performance spring system delivers total body support. It helps prevent the transfer of movement across the mattress, so you’ll get a completely undisturbed sleep. Durable and resilient, Zero Deflection provides truly extra firm support.This isn’t just a mattress that delivers super-firm support. It feels plush and comfortable too! The smooth, knitted cover envelopes the Ortho Extra Firm and it’s hand-tufted to lock in the fillings for enhanced durability.Working around the clock, a winning combination of Purotex and Adaptive® technology ensures a clean and healthy sleeping environment for you as you sleep.Infused within the cover, tiny microcapsules containing Purotex probiotics are released – preventing the build-up of nasties like dust mites and bacteria. It’s hypoallergenic and approved by Allergy UK, so you can rest easy.Working in harmony with your body temperature, Adaptive® technology monitors moisture levels to keep you feeling cool, fresh and dry.As it’s a single-sided mattress, you’ll never need to flip it over. Instead, simply rotate from end-to-end to keep it in excellent condition.One of Sealy’s firmest and most supportive mattresses, choose the Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm and get the great night’s sleep you’ve been waiting for.
- Product codes: 5023527198901
Comfort is obviously a difficult factor to review, this is where buying online obviously makes things a little more difficult, but follow these key considerations and you’ll be confident that you’re buying the perfect Mattresses for your personal preference.
– Hardness – different people have very varying preferences when it comes to the level of hardness they like from their mattress. Some love the ultra soft feeling of sinking into a soft mattress. Whereas others prefer the support provided by a very firm mattress. Of course there’s a whole spectrum of varying comfort levels in between the two. The first port of call here is to check the hardness level of your current mattress and use that as a basis for your new purchase. I.e if you’re perfectly happy with the current level of hardness then try and look in the same region, of of course if it’s too hard look for a softer level of mattress.
– Springs – this is where you’ll start getting lots of technical sales jargon as there are so many different types of spring available for mattresses. For example some have traditional coil springs, some have pocket springs and then there’s a tendency for some of the more high-end mattresses to increase the number of pocket springs in the mattress, with the theory that the comfort will increase. Take your time to read about the particular features and the benefits of each type to determine which type best suits your needs.
– Material (memory foam?) – of course there’s also the material that you need to consider, with a great deal of options to choose from. Memory foam is one of the more popular materials on mattresses nowadays because of it’s ability to shape around your body, therefore not putting undue pressure on parts of the body like hips and shoulders. Some mattresses offer a blend between the traditional spring mattress and the memory foam mattresses by offering a memory foam topper to a standard or pocket spring mattress.
A typical mattress should last you somewhere in the region of 8-10 years, so whilst the cost seems like a huge expense now, do bear in mind that it’s going to be used every night for those many years, so even a top end £1000 mattress only works out 27p a night over 10 years.
If you’re keeping your existing bed then this is an easy part of the decision making, as you’ll need to choose a mattress size that matches your existing one. However if you are buying a new bed at the same time then there’s a careful decision to be made on what size you go for. Consider the size of the room and also your needs.
Typical mattress sizes are:
Mattress Size (W x L)
Super king 6’0 x 6’6
180 x 200
King 5’0 x 6’6
150 x 200
Double 4’6 x 6’3
135 x 190
Small double (Queen) 4’0 x 6’3
120 x 190
Single 3’0 x 6’3
90 x 190
Euro single 3’0 x 6’6
90 x 200
Small single 2’6 x 6’3
75 x 190
Toddler 2’3 x 4’6
70 x 140
Other advice that we have, is to spend a bit of time trying different mattresses in local retailers, a bit cheeky if you’re then going to buy online, but it’s a really great method of getting to try different brands, materials and levels of hardness.
Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress reviews
While hunting down reviews for Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress we spent quite a bit of time looking at the main retailers and finding out what customers were saying and what they think of the product. In our search we found 23 reviews, and of these 23 reviews the score that they gave Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress was a fantastic 9 out of 10.
One of the most important factors when buying any product, is of course price. This is equally important when buying Mattresses. So let’s spend a minute looking at the price of Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress and seeing how the price stacks up.
The first price analysis we run is to check all of the reputable retailers online to find the best price. The best price that we managed to find Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress was over at Mattress Online for just £341.22.
The next steps is to look at some average prices for similar products. The first was to look at the average price for the 234 products in the Mattresses category. This was £346.47. It’s also worth noting that the most expensive product we found in the category was £1299.95. Whilst the cheapest came in at £61.88. So in all the price of Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress is actually below average for its price.
The next step after that is to look at the brand, and the average price you would expect to pay for a product from Sealy. There are a total of 33 products that we found. The average price of all products that we found from Sealy was £348.31. The cheapest product we managed to find from Sealy was just £39.00 and the most expensive came in at £785.50. So Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress comes in below average for products from Sealy.
The final step in our price analysis was to look in more detail at products from Sealy but only looking at those that specifically feature in the Mattresses category, of which there were 31 products. So the average price of these was £368.24. Then the cheapest we managed to find was £170.95 with the most expensive coming in at £785.50. Which shows that Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress is below average for its price.
So overall, when you consider the scores that Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress achieved, it’s a really good buy for the money.
Here you can find more photos of Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress: Sealy Activsleep Ortho Extra Firm Mattress.
and here’s a relevant video we found on YouTube