We spend so much of our life asleep, shouldn’t we be spending it in absolutely the most comfort? You’re obviously in the market for a new Mattresses and will already know that there is a huge amount of choice out there.
The goal of this Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress review is to help you decide if it’s the perfect Mattresses for your needs.
We start our review with a number of scores, these are designed to give you a quick overview of how well Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress performs against the many alternatives out there. As a guide, any score over 7 is above average.
Latest Price: £227.27
- Enjoy Free Next Day Delivery as standard, or choose a date to suit you
- Part of Sealy’s Activsleep mattress range – designed for a healthy, active lifestyle
- An orthopaedic and highly supportive mattress
- Ideal if you love a firmer feel
- Featuring Sealy’s PostureTech Core Support spring system
- Core Support delivers plenty of support to the areas you need it most
- Smooth knitted fabric cover provides a plush, cushioned feel
- The cover is micro-quilted to secure the fillings and improve durability
- Adaptive® technology keeps you cool, fresh and dry as you sleep
- Purotex probiotics are infused within the cover and help prevent bacteria and dust mites
- The clever cover technology provides a cleaner, fresher mattress feel
- Hypoallergenic and approved by Allergy UK for your total peace of mind
- Single-sided mattress and easy to care for – no need to turn over
- Depth: 24cm
- Made in the UK
Key features of Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress
- PostureTech Core Support Springs
- Soft white fibres
- Knitted cover
- Orthopaedic support
- Approved by Allergy UK
- 24cm deep
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Handcrafted in the UK
- Fire Resistant
- The Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress is part of Sealy’s Activsleep range, expertly designed to ensure you get the good quality sleep you need to perform at your best every day. A supportive, orthopaedic mattress, Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support delivers support where you need it most, in a firm feel. The PostureTech Core Support system gradually gets firmer as more pressure is applied, so you’ll enjoy personalised support and comfort. This high-quality mattress is hypoallergenic and approved by Allergy UK for a healthier sleep. It comes complete with Free Next Day Delivery and a 5 Year Guarantee.
- Start your day with a spring in your step with the Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress!Part of Sealy’s Activsleep mattress collection, the Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support is a wonderfully supportive, firm mattress. It’s a great choice if you’re looking for plenty of orthopaedic support to care for your back.Featuring Sealy’s PostureTech Core Support spring system, you’ll enjoy all the comfort and support you need to sleep well. This clever spring system actually gets firmer as more pressure is applied. The result is tailor-made support for your unique shape and weight.The Ortho Posture Firm Support is wrapped in a beautifully designed knitted fabric cover for a plush feel. This cover is micro-quilted, to help lock in the fillings and provide long-lasting comfort.This mattress doesn’t just look good – it actively works to keep you feeling fresh, clean and healthy too! It’s all down to the Purotex and Adaptive® technology.Purotex probiotics are infused within the cover. These tiny microcapsules are released as you sleep, to fight against dust mites and bacteria. It’s hypoallergenic and approved by Allergy UK, too. Adaptive® technology helps to regulate your body temperature and reduces moisture, so you’ll always feel cool, fresh and dry.It’s easy to keep your brand new mattress in great condition. As it’s single-sided there’s no need to turn it over but we do recommend that you rotate it regularly from head-to-toe.Enjoy all the orthopaedic support you need, and wake feeling ready to take on your day with the Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress!
- Product codes: 5023527198109
Comfort is obviously a difficult factor to review, this is where buying online obviously makes things a little more difficult, but follow these key considerations and you’ll be confident that you’re buying the perfect Mattresses for your personal preference.
– Hardness – different people have very varying preferences when it comes to the level of hardness they like from their mattress. Some love the ultra soft feeling of sinking into a soft mattress. Whereas others prefer the support provided by a very firm mattress. Of course there’s a whole spectrum of varying comfort levels in between the two. The first port of call here is to check the hardness level of your current mattress and use that as a basis for your new purchase. I.e if you’re perfectly happy with the current level of hardness then try and look in the same region, of of course if it’s too hard look for a softer level of mattress.
– Springs – this is where you’ll start getting lots of technical sales jargon as there are so many different types of spring available for mattresses. For example some have traditional coil springs, some have pocket springs and then there’s a tendency for some of the more high-end mattresses to increase the number of pocket springs in the mattress, with the theory that the comfort will increase. Take your time to read about the particular features and the benefits of each type to determine which type best suits your needs.
– Material (memory foam?) – of course there’s also the material that you need to consider, with a great deal of options to choose from. Memory foam is one of the more popular materials on mattresses nowadays because of it’s ability to shape around your body, therefore not putting undue pressure on parts of the body like hips and shoulders. Some mattresses offer a blend between the traditional spring mattress and the memory foam mattresses by offering a memory foam topper to a standard or pocket spring mattress.
A typical mattress should last you somewhere in the region of 8-10 years, so whilst the cost seems like a huge expense now, do bear in mind that it’s going to be used every night for those many years, so even a top end £1000 mattress only works out 27p a night over 10 years.
If you’re keeping your existing bed then this is an easy part of the decision making, as you’ll need to choose a mattress size that matches your existing one. However if you are buying a new bed at the same time then there’s a careful decision to be made on what size you go for. Consider the size of the room and also your needs.
Typical mattress sizes are:
Mattress Size (W x L)
Super king 6’0 x 6’6
180 x 200
King 5’0 x 6’6
150 x 200
Double 4’6 x 6’3
135 x 190
Small double (Queen) 4’0 x 6’3
120 x 190
Single 3’0 x 6’3
90 x 190
Euro single 3’0 x 6’6
90 x 200
Small single 2’6 x 6’3
75 x 190
Toddler 2’3 x 4’6
70 x 140
Other advice that we have, is to spend a bit of time trying different mattresses in local retailers, a bit cheeky if you’re then going to buy online, but it’s a really great method of getting to try different brands, materials and levels of hardness.
Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress reviews
While hunting down reviews for Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress we spent quite a bit of time looking at the main retailers and finding out what customers were saying and what they think of the product. In our search we found 39 reviews, and of these 39 reviews the score that they gave Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress was a fantastic 9.2 out of 10.
One of the most important factors when buying any product, is of course price. This is equally important when buying Mattresses. So let’s spend a minute looking at the price of Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress and seeing how the price stacks up.
The first price analysis we run is to check all of the reputable retailers online to find the best price. The best price that we managed to find Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress was over at Mattress Online for just £227.27.
The next steps is to look at some average prices for similar products. The first was to look at the average price for the 234 products in the Mattresses category. This was £346.47. It’s also worth noting that the most expensive product we found in the category was £1299.95. Whilst the cheapest came in at £61.88. So in all the price of Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress is actually below average for its price.
The next step after that is to look at the brand, and the average price you would expect to pay for a product from Sealy. There are a total of 33 products that we found. The average price of all products that we found from Sealy was £348.31. The cheapest product we managed to find from Sealy was just £39.00 and the most expensive came in at £785.50. So Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress comes in below average for products from Sealy.
The final step in our price analysis was to look in more detail at products from Sealy but only looking at those that specifically feature in the Mattresses category, of which there were 31 products. So the average price of these was £368.24. Then the cheapest we managed to find was £170.95 with the most expensive coming in at £785.50. Which shows that Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress is below average for its price.
So overall, when you consider the scores that Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress achieved, it’s a really good buy for the money.
Here you can find more photos of Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress: Sealy Activsleep Ortho Posture Firm Support Mattress.
and here’s a relevant video we found on YouTube