We spend so much of our life asleep, shouldn’t we be spending it in absolutely the most comfort? You’re obviously in the market for a new Mattresses and will already know that there is a huge amount of choice out there.
The goal of this Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress review is to help you decide if it’s the perfect Mattresses for your needs.
We start our review with a number of scores, these are designed to give you a quick overview of how well Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress performs against the many alternatives out there. As a guide, any score over 7 is above average.
Latest Price: £399.95
- Individual Pocket Springs
- Geltex Inside
- Medium to Firm
- 28cm Deep
- NBF Approved Product
Key features of Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress
- Individual Pocket Springs
- Geltex Inside
- 28cm Deep
- Medium to Firm Support (4)
- Tencel Fibre Cover
- Soft Knitted Cover
- Allergy UK Seal of Approval
- No Need To Turn
- No Roll Together
- Pressure Relieving
- Turning Handles
- NBF Approved Product
- Made in the UK
- Fire Resistant – Low Hazard
- 5 Year Guarantee Included
- Handmade in the UK the Alderney mattress from Sealy offers unrivalled comfort and superior support If you need a mediumfirm mattress to sleep properly on then this is the perfect choice for you Sealy have included 1000 pocket springs that are clustered in zones throughout the mattress This delivers amazing stability to your body when youre asleep in the areas where its most neededAlso contained in the innovative design is a 4cm deep Geltex layer This shapes itself to the contours of your body and helps to reduce pressure on your joints when resting The Geltex material has been developed with a clever open cell design to help control your temperature when sleeping With this feature in place you will always enjoy a solid nights sleep without waking up too hotThe Alderney has been hand tufted for increased longevity and comes with a knitted cover This cover is made from ultrasoft Tencel materials and smart fibres Not only does this make the mattress naturally hypoallergenic but its also very comfortable to sleep on When you want to rotate it robust turning handles make it simple
- Description Handmade in the UK, the Alderney mattress from Sealy offers unrivalled comfort and superior support. If you need a medium-firm mattress to sleep properly on, then this is the perfect choice for you. Sealy have included 1,000 pocket springs that are clustered in zones throughout the mattress. This delivers amazing stability to your body when you’re asleep – in the areas where it’s most needed. Also contained in the innovative design is a 4cm deep Geltex layer. This shapes itself to the contours of your body and helps to reduce pressure on your joints when resting. The Geltex material has been developed with a clever open cell design to help control your temperature when sleeping. With this feature in place, you will always enjoy a solid night’s sleep without waking up too hot. The Alderney has been hand tufted for increased longevity and comes with a knitted cover. This cover is made from ultra-soft Tencel materials and smart fibres. Not only does this make the mattress naturally hypoallergenic but it’s also very comfortable to sleep on. When you want to rotate it, robust turning handles make it simple.
- Product codes: 5056310000000 5056310000000 5056310000000
- Product codes: 4428486
- Options: Single (3′ x 6’3″) Double (4’6″ x 6’3″) King Size (5′ x 6’6″) Super King (6′ x 6’6″) Super King – Zip & Link (6′ x 6’6″)
- Delivery: In Stock Delivery within 15 working days
- Model Number: 1276991
Comfort is obviously a difficult factor to review, this is where buying online obviously makes things a little more difficult, but follow these key considerations and you’ll be confident that you’re buying the perfect Mattresses for your personal preference.
– Hardness – different people have very varying preferences when it comes to the level of hardness they like from their mattress. Some love the ultra soft feeling of sinking into a soft mattress. Whereas others prefer the support provided by a very firm mattress. Of course there’s a whole spectrum of varying comfort levels in between the two. The first port of call here is to check the hardness level of your current mattress and use that as a basis for your new purchase. I.e if you’re perfectly happy with the current level of hardness then try and look in the same region, of of course if it’s too hard look for a softer level of mattress.
– Springs – this is where you’ll start getting lots of technical sales jargon as there are so many different types of spring available for mattresses. For example some have traditional coil springs, some have pocket springs and then there’s a tendency for some of the more high-end mattresses to increase the number of pocket springs in the mattress, with the theory that the comfort will increase. Take your time to read about the particular features and the benefits of each type to determine which type best suits your needs.
– Material (memory foam?) – of course there’s also the material that you need to consider, with a great deal of options to choose from. Memory foam is one of the more popular materials on mattresses nowadays because of it’s ability to shape around your body, therefore not putting undue pressure on parts of the body like hips and shoulders. Some mattresses offer a blend between the traditional spring mattress and the memory foam mattresses by offering a memory foam topper to a standard or pocket spring mattress.
A typical mattress should last you somewhere in the region of 8-10 years, so whilst the cost seems like a huge expense now, do bear in mind that it’s going to be used every night for those many years, so even a top end £1000 mattress only works out 27p a night over 10 years.
If you’re keeping your existing bed then this is an easy part of the decision making, as you’ll need to choose a mattress size that matches your existing one. However if you are buying a new bed at the same time then there’s a careful decision to be made on what size you go for. Consider the size of the room and also your needs.
Typical mattress sizes are:
Mattress Size (W x L)
Super king 6’0 x 6’6
180 x 200
King 5’0 x 6’6
150 x 200
Double 4’6 x 6’3
135 x 190
Small double (Queen) 4’0 x 6’3
120 x 190
Single 3’0 x 6’3
90 x 190
Euro single 3’0 x 6’6
90 x 200
Small single 2’6 x 6’3
75 x 190
Toddler 2’3 x 4’6
70 x 140
Other advice that we have, is to spend a bit of time trying different mattresses in local retailers, a bit cheeky if you’re then going to buy online, but it’s a really great method of getting to try different brands, materials and levels of hardness.
For over 100 years, Sealy has been one of the world’s leading manufacturers of premium quality mattresses and beds. Each product has been designed with you in mind, aiming to provide you with exceptional comfort and the support you deserve to sleep soundly every night. At MattressNextDay, we’re proud to stock this prestigious brand.To make sure your mattress meets your individual requirements, you can pick your preferred firmness rating, including soft, medium and firm, and you choose the size you need. We stock sizes small single, single, small double, double, kingsize and superking, so whether you need a mattress for your spare room or your own boudoir, we’ve got you covered.Our Sealy mattresses are available with a range of useful and innovative features too. From memory foam filling, to posture support, to hypoallergenic qualities, to pressure relief technology, you won’t struggle to find the perfect mattress when you shop from our selection of Sealy products.To accompany your mattress, why not go for one of our Sealy beds too? We have a range of models for you to pick from, including our popular Sealy divan beds.Need more information? Get in touch with us today. Our bed specialists are on hand to answer your questions. Simply give us a call or fill out our online contact form. With free next day delivery on all orders over £150 placed before 5pm, you could be enjoying your new bed setup much sooner than you think.
Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress reviews
While hunting down reviews for Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress we spent quite a bit of time looking at the main retailers and finding out what customers were saying and what they think of the product. In our search we found , and of these the percentage of people that would recommend Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress was an outstanding . From the there were a total of that scored it 5 stars and scored it 4 stars.
One of the most important factors when buying any product, is of course price. This is equally important when buying Mattresses. So let’s spend a minute looking at the price of Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress and seeing how the price stacks up.
The first price analysis we run is to check all of the reputable retailers online to find the best price. The best price that we managed to find Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress was over at Mattressnextday for just £399.95.
The next steps is to look at some average prices for similar products. The first was to look at the average price for the 263 products in the Mattresses category. This was £458.77. It’s also worth noting that the most expensive product we found in the category was £1999.52. Whilst the cheapest came in at £89.95. So in all the price of Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress is actually below average for its price.
The next step after that is to look at the brand, and the average price you would expect to pay for a product from Sealy. There are a total of 27 products that we found. The average price of all products that we found from Sealy was £370.35. The cheapest product we managed to find from Sealy was just £9.95 and the most expensive came in at £654.95. So Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress comes in above average for products from Sealy.
The final step in our price analysis was to look in more detail at products from Sealy but only looking at those that specifically feature in the Mattresses category, of which there were 17 products. So the average price of these was £344.41. Then the cheapest we managed to find was £169.95 with the most expensive coming in at £654.95. Which shows that Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress is above average for its price.
So overall, when you consider the scores that Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress achieved, it’s a really good buy for the money.
Here you can find more photos of Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress: Sealy Alderney 1000 Pocket Geltex Mattress.
and here’s a relevant video we found on YouTube