We spend so much of our life asleep, shouldn’t we be spending it in absolutely the most comfort? You’re obviously in the market for a new Mattresses and will already know that there is a huge amount of choice out there.
The goal of this Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress review is to help you decide if it’s the perfect Mattresses for your needs.
We start our review with a number of scores, these are designed to give you a quick overview of how well Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress performs against the many alternatives out there. As a guide, any score over 7 is above average.
Latest Price: £594.1
- Free Next Day Delivery – or choose your delivery day
- 8cm deep layer of Geltex for soothing pressure relief and luxury comfort
- Gentle, medium-soft firmness rating
- Perfect if you prefer a softer feel
- 2800 pocket springs for total body support
- Tailor-made comfort – mini pocket springs respond as you move
- Enjoy more sleep space – Sealy’s Unirail provides edge-to-edge support
- Cool, fresh and dry – Tencel fibres and Adaptive® technology control moisture
- Sealy Smart Fibres are healthy and hypoallergenic
- Sneeze-free sleep: Purotex probiotics prevent dust mites and other allergens
- Single-sided, easy to care for – no need to flip over
- Built-in turning handles for easy moving and handling
- Mattress depth: 30cm
- Approved by Allergy UK
- 5 Year Guarantee
Key features of Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress
- Pocket springs
- Knitted cover
- Pressure relief
- Approved by Allergy UK
- Soft to Medium
- 30cm deep
- Includes turning handles
- 5 Year Guarantee
- The Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress by Sealy: designed for the best night’s sleep – ever! Featuring 2800 individual pocket springs and a deluxe 8cm layer of Geltex, this mattress is wonderfully comfortable. With a softer feel, the Ultima is perfect if you love gentle support. It’s approved by Allergy UK so you can sleep peacefully. Enjoy Free Next Day Delivery, plus Sealy’s 5 Year Guarantee as standard.
- Looking for gentle support and a softer, more luxurious mattress? Look no further – the Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress is the perfect choice!Softer, gentle comfortThe Ultima features a luxuriously deep 8cm layer of Geltex for gentle comfort. By distributing body weight evenly, Geltex delivers perfect pressure relief. It’s ideal if you suffer from aches and pains.Rated medium-soft, the Ultima is perfect if you love softer, more gentle support.Breathable and coolThanks to its open-cell structure, Geltex is breathable and maximises airflow. This helps to reduce the risk of overheating.Tencel fibres, Adaptive® technology and Sealy’s Smart Fibres help to wick away moisture to keep you feeling cool, fresh and dry.Pocket sprung supportFeaturing 2800 individual pocket springs, the Ultima delivers total body support. 1400 pocket springs and 1400 mini pocket springs respond independently to your unique shape and movements.Since pocket springs react independently, there’s no transfer of movement between you and your partner. The result is a peaceful night’s sleep – every night.More sleep spaceEnjoy comfort and support – right to the very edge! Sealy’s Unirail technology reinforces the mattress sides to improve durability, stability and maximise that all-important sleeping space.Beautifully designedIt’s a mattress that’s crafted to look as good as it feels! The Ultima features a soft-touch knitted cover.Allergy UK approvedSleep peacefully: the Ultima is approved by Allergy UK. It’s ideal if you suffer from allergies or if you’re simply looking for a cleaner, healthier sleep.Easy to care forThe Ultima is single-sided for your convenience. There’s no need to flip it over, but we recommend turning it every three months using the built-in handles to keep it in great condition.Made in the UKYour Ultima mattress has been carefully produced in the UK and it comes complete with Sealy’s 5 Year Guarantee.
- Product codes: 5023527264316
Comfort is obviously a difficult factor to review, this is where buying online obviously makes things a little more difficult, but follow these key considerations and you’ll be confident that you’re buying the perfect Mattresses for your personal preference.
– Hardness – different people have very varying preferences when it comes to the level of hardness they like from their mattress. Some love the ultra soft feeling of sinking into a soft mattress. Whereas others prefer the support provided by a very firm mattress. Of course there’s a whole spectrum of varying comfort levels in between the two. The first port of call here is to check the hardness level of your current mattress and use that as a basis for your new purchase. I.e if you’re perfectly happy with the current level of hardness then try and look in the same region, of of course if it’s too hard look for a softer level of mattress.
– Springs – this is where you’ll start getting lots of technical sales jargon as there are so many different types of spring available for mattresses. For example some have traditional coil springs, some have pocket springs and then there’s a tendency for some of the more high-end mattresses to increase the number of pocket springs in the mattress, with the theory that the comfort will increase. Take your time to read about the particular features and the benefits of each type to determine which type best suits your needs.
– Material (memory foam?) – of course there’s also the material that you need to consider, with a great deal of options to choose from. Memory foam is one of the more popular materials on mattresses nowadays because of it’s ability to shape around your body, therefore not putting undue pressure on parts of the body like hips and shoulders. Some mattresses offer a blend between the traditional spring mattress and the memory foam mattresses by offering a memory foam topper to a standard or pocket spring mattress.
A typical mattress should last you somewhere in the region of 8-10 years, so whilst the cost seems like a huge expense now, do bear in mind that it’s going to be used every night for those many years, so even a top end £1000 mattress only works out 27p a night over 10 years.
If you’re keeping your existing bed then this is an easy part of the decision making, as you’ll need to choose a mattress size that matches your existing one. However if you are buying a new bed at the same time then there’s a careful decision to be made on what size you go for. Consider the size of the room and also your needs.
Typical mattress sizes are:
Mattress Size (W x L)
Super king 6’0 x 6’6
180 x 200
King 5’0 x 6’6
150 x 200
Double 4’6 x 6’3
135 x 190
Small double (Queen) 4’0 x 6’3
120 x 190
Single 3’0 x 6’3
90 x 190
Euro single 3’0 x 6’6
90 x 200
Small single 2’6 x 6’3
75 x 190
Toddler 2’3 x 4’6
70 x 140
Other advice that we have, is to spend a bit of time trying different mattresses in local retailers, a bit cheeky if you’re then going to buy online, but it’s a really great method of getting to try different brands, materials and levels of hardness.
Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress reviews
While hunting down reviews for Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress we spent quite a bit of time looking at the main retailers and finding out what customers were saying and what they think of the product. In our search we found 9 reviews, and of these 9 reviews the score that they gave Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress was a fantastic 9.1 out of 10.
One of the most important factors when buying any product, is of course price. This is equally important when buying Mattresses. So let’s spend a minute looking at the price of Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress and seeing how the price stacks up.
The first price analysis we run is to check all of the reputable retailers online to find the best price. The best price that we managed to find Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress was over at Mattress Online for just £594.1.
The next steps is to look at some average prices for similar products. The first was to look at the average price for the 234 products in the Mattresses category. This was £346.47. It’s also worth noting that the most expensive product we found in the category was £1299.95. Whilst the cheapest came in at £61.88. So in all the price of Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress is actually above average for its price.
The next step after that is to look at the brand, and the average price you would expect to pay for a product from Sealy. There are a total of 33 products that we found. The average price of all products that we found from Sealy was £348.31. The cheapest product we managed to find from Sealy was just £39.00 and the most expensive came in at £785.50. So Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress comes in above average for products from Sealy.
The final step in our price analysis was to look in more detail at products from Sealy but only looking at those that specifically feature in the Mattresses category, of which there were 31 products. So the average price of these was £368.24. Then the cheapest we managed to find was £170.95 with the most expensive coming in at £785.50. Which shows that Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress is above average for its price.
So overall, when you consider the scores that Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress achieved, it’s a really good buy for the money.
Here you can find more photos of Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress: Sealy Hybrid Ultima Geltex 2800 Pocket Mattress.
and here’s a relevant video we found on YouTube