We spend so much of our life asleep, shouldn’t we be spending it in absolutely the most comfort? You’re obviously in the market for a new Mattresses and will already know that there is a huge amount of choice out there.
The goal of this Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress review is to help you decide if it’s the perfect Mattresses for your needs.
We start our review with a number of scores, these are designed to give you a quick overview of how well Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress performs against the many alternatives out there. As a guide, any score over 7 is above average.
Latest Price: £458.5
- Hurry! This mattress won’t be around forever – once it’s gone, it’s gone!
- In stock and ready for Free Next Day Delivery – or choose a day that’s best for you
- Sumptuously deep Geltex layer for enhanced comfort
- Luxury pillow top finish
- 2200 individual pocket springs for targeted support
- Sumptuously soft knitted cover
- Infused with Sealy Smart Fibres
- Gentle, soft-to-medium support
- No-turn for easy care
- Total mattress depth: 37cm (14.5 inches) approx
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Made in the UK
Key features of Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress
- Pocket springs
- Pillow top
- Reinforced mattress edge
- Knitted cover
- Pressure relief
- Soft to Medium
- 37cm deep
- Includes turning handles
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Handcrafted in the UK
- Melt into a luxurious night and sleep like royalty with 2200 pocketed springs, sumptuous Geltex and a luscious soft to medium support – the perfect end to your day!
- Introducing the innovative Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress from Sealy: enjoy the perfect night’s sleep.Sink into a blissful night’s sleep with a luxuriously deep 4cm layer of Geltex for all-round pressure relief like never before. This sumptuous layer combines comfort and unrivalled body support. Unlike memory foam, Geltex ensures you get a cool and refreshing night with enhanced breathability – even during the summer!The Royale is made from 2200 individually pocketed springs for outstanding support. Responding to your movements throughout the night, this mattress provides you with targeted support where you need it the most. Soothe away daily aches and pains with the Royale and enjoy the restful sleep you deserve.Complete with Sealy’s patented Unirail technology, you can enjoy edge-to-edge comfort and support – and maximum sleeping space.Finished with a beautiful pillow top, the Royale really is fit for a king – or a queen! Complete with a soft knitted cover, the Royale is comfort at its best. Drift off on a heavenly soft-to-medium mattress for a luscious night’s sleep, every night.Featuring Sealy Smart Fibres, this mattress reduces the risk of dustmites. Sleep easy knowing you have a clean and healthy sleeping environment.For extra convenience, your new Royale mattress is single-sided so you’ll never need to flip it over. Simply rotate every three months for optimum performance and lasting durability.Hurry! This mattress won’t be around forever – once it’s gone, it’s gone!
- Product codes: 5023527111443
Comfort is obviously a difficult factor to review, this is where buying online obviously makes things a little more difficult, but follow these key considerations and you’ll be confident that you’re buying the perfect Mattresses for your personal preference.
– Hardness – different people have very varying preferences when it comes to the level of hardness they like from their mattress. Some love the ultra soft feeling of sinking into a soft mattress. Whereas others prefer the support provided by a very firm mattress. Of course there’s a whole spectrum of varying comfort levels in between the two. The first port of call here is to check the hardness level of your current mattress and use that as a basis for your new purchase. I.e if you’re perfectly happy with the current level of hardness then try and look in the same region, of of course if it’s too hard look for a softer level of mattress.
– Springs – this is where you’ll start getting lots of technical sales jargon as there are so many different types of spring available for mattresses. For example some have traditional coil springs, some have pocket springs and then there’s a tendency for some of the more high-end mattresses to increase the number of pocket springs in the mattress, with the theory that the comfort will increase. Take your time to read about the particular features and the benefits of each type to determine which type best suits your needs.
– Material (memory foam?) – of course there’s also the material that you need to consider, with a great deal of options to choose from. Memory foam is one of the more popular materials on mattresses nowadays because of it’s ability to shape around your body, therefore not putting undue pressure on parts of the body like hips and shoulders. Some mattresses offer a blend between the traditional spring mattress and the memory foam mattresses by offering a memory foam topper to a standard or pocket spring mattress.
A typical mattress should last you somewhere in the region of 8-10 years, so whilst the cost seems like a huge expense now, do bear in mind that it’s going to be used every night for those many years, so even a top end £1000 mattress only works out 27p a night over 10 years.
If you’re keeping your existing bed then this is an easy part of the decision making, as you’ll need to choose a mattress size that matches your existing one. However if you are buying a new bed at the same time then there’s a careful decision to be made on what size you go for. Consider the size of the room and also your needs.
Typical mattress sizes are:
Mattress Size (W x L)
Super king 6’0 x 6’6
180 x 200
King 5’0 x 6’6
150 x 200
Double 4’6 x 6’3
135 x 190
Small double (Queen) 4’0 x 6’3
120 x 190
Single 3’0 x 6’3
90 x 190
Euro single 3’0 x 6’6
90 x 200
Small single 2’6 x 6’3
75 x 190
Toddler 2’3 x 4’6
70 x 140
Other advice that we have, is to spend a bit of time trying different mattresses in local retailers, a bit cheeky if you’re then going to buy online, but it’s a really great method of getting to try different brands, materials and levels of hardness.
Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress reviews
While hunting down reviews for Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress we spent quite a bit of time looking at the main retailers and finding out what customers were saying and what they think of the product. In our search we found 37 reviews, and of these 37 reviews the score that they gave Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress was a fantastic 9.2 out of 10.
One of the most important factors when buying any product, is of course price. This is equally important when buying Mattresses. So let’s spend a minute looking at the price of Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress and seeing how the price stacks up.
The first price analysis we run is to check all of the reputable retailers online to find the best price. The best price that we managed to find Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress was over at Mattress Online for just £458.5.
The next steps is to look at some average prices for similar products. The first was to look at the average price for the 234 products in the Mattresses category. This was £346.47. It’s also worth noting that the most expensive product we found in the category was £1299.95. Whilst the cheapest came in at £61.88. So in all the price of Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress is actually above average for its price.
The next step after that is to look at the brand, and the average price you would expect to pay for a product from Sealy. There are a total of 33 products that we found. The average price of all products that we found from Sealy was £348.31. The cheapest product we managed to find from Sealy was just £39.00 and the most expensive came in at £785.50. So Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress comes in above average for products from Sealy.
The final step in our price analysis was to look in more detail at products from Sealy but only looking at those that specifically feature in the Mattresses category, of which there were 31 products. So the average price of these was £368.24. Then the cheapest we managed to find was £170.95 with the most expensive coming in at £785.50. Which shows that Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress is above average for its price.
So overall, when you consider the scores that Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress achieved, it’s a really good buy for the money.
Here you can find more photos of Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress: Sealy Posturepedic Royale Geltex 2200 Pocket Pillow Top Mattress.
and here’s a relevant video we found on YouTube