We spend so much of our life asleep, shouldn’t we be spending it in absolutely the most comfort? You’re obviously in the market for a new Mattresses and will already know that there is a huge amount of choice out there.
The goal of this Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress review is to help you decide if it’s the perfect Mattresses for your needs.
We start our review with a number of scores, these are designed to give you a quick overview of how well Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress performs against the many alternatives out there. As a guide, any score over 7 is above average.
Latest Price: £227.29
- Free Next Day Delivery – no need to wait any longer!
- A supportive pocket sprung mattress, part of the Simply Sealy collection
- Featuring 1000 individual pocket springs to provide support where you need it most
- Pocket springs support your unique shape and movement
- You’ll get tailor-made comfort and support, with no transfer of movement
- Medium-firm rating – a good choice if you’re looking for balanced comfort and support
- Soft-touch knitted cover includes a pretty wave pattern
- Cover is micro quilted to help lock in the fillings for better durability
- No need to turn over, simply rotate from end-to-end
- Depth: 20cm
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Made in the UK
Key features of Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress
- Pocket springs
- Soft white fibres
- Knitted cover
- Medium to Firm
- 20cm deep
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Handcrafted in the UK
- Fire Resistant
- Approved by the National Bed Federation
- The Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress is a simply great quality mattress from Sealy. Expertly handcrafted for your comfort and support, this mattress is a great option if you’re looking for a great value pocket sprung mattress. Featuring 1000 pocket springs and well-balanced medium-firm support, this mattress is the best of both worlds – not too firm and not too soft. It comes complete with our Free Next Day Delivery service and 5 Year Guarantee for your peace of mind.
- Classic by name, classic by nature – the Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress is a timeless, great quality mattress by world-renowned Sealy.This expertly-designed pocket sprung mattress includes everything you need for great sleep, night after night.Featuring 1000 individual pocket springs, you’ll enjoy comfort and support that is second to none. Pocket springs deliver superior support, for good reason. Each spring is encased within its own fabric sleeve, so each one reacts only to the pressure applied to it. The result is remarkably tailor-made support, to perfectly suit your unique shape and size.Not only will you enjoy great support, you’ll get balanced firmness too. The Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic is rated medium-firm, so it’s a great choice if you prefer a mattress that’s not too firm or too soft. It’s just right!It’s complete with a soft-touch knitted fabric cover for a touch of luxury. Micro quilted for extra durability, you’ll enjoy comfort for years to come.This is a single-sided mattress, so it’s really easy to care for. All you’ll need to do is rotate it regularly, from end-to-end – there’s no need to turn it over. Simple!
- Product codes: 5023527597209
Comfort is obviously a difficult factor to review, this is where buying online obviously makes things a little more difficult, but follow these key considerations and you’ll be confident that you’re buying the perfect Mattresses for your personal preference.
– Hardness – different people have very varying preferences when it comes to the level of hardness they like from their mattress. Some love the ultra soft feeling of sinking into a soft mattress. Whereas others prefer the support provided by a very firm mattress. Of course there’s a whole spectrum of varying comfort levels in between the two. The first port of call here is to check the hardness level of your current mattress and use that as a basis for your new purchase. I.e if you’re perfectly happy with the current level of hardness then try and look in the same region, of of course if it’s too hard look for a softer level of mattress.
– Springs – this is where you’ll start getting lots of technical sales jargon as there are so many different types of spring available for mattresses. For example some have traditional coil springs, some have pocket springs and then there’s a tendency for some of the more high-end mattresses to increase the number of pocket springs in the mattress, with the theory that the comfort will increase. Take your time to read about the particular features and the benefits of each type to determine which type best suits your needs.
– Material (memory foam?) – of course there’s also the material that you need to consider, with a great deal of options to choose from. Memory foam is one of the more popular materials on mattresses nowadays because of it’s ability to shape around your body, therefore not putting undue pressure on parts of the body like hips and shoulders. Some mattresses offer a blend between the traditional spring mattress and the memory foam mattresses by offering a memory foam topper to a standard or pocket spring mattress.
A typical mattress should last you somewhere in the region of 8-10 years, so whilst the cost seems like a huge expense now, do bear in mind that it’s going to be used every night for those many years, so even a top end £1000 mattress only works out 27p a night over 10 years.
If you’re keeping your existing bed then this is an easy part of the decision making, as you’ll need to choose a mattress size that matches your existing one. However if you are buying a new bed at the same time then there’s a careful decision to be made on what size you go for. Consider the size of the room and also your needs.
Typical mattress sizes are:
Mattress Size (W x L)
Super king 6’0 x 6’6
180 x 200
King 5’0 x 6’6
150 x 200
Double 4’6 x 6’3
135 x 190
Small double (Queen) 4’0 x 6’3
120 x 190
Single 3’0 x 6’3
90 x 190
Euro single 3’0 x 6’6
90 x 200
Small single 2’6 x 6’3
75 x 190
Toddler 2’3 x 4’6
70 x 140
Other advice that we have, is to spend a bit of time trying different mattresses in local retailers, a bit cheeky if you’re then going to buy online, but it’s a really great method of getting to try different brands, materials and levels of hardness.
Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress reviews
While hunting down reviews for Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress we spent quite a bit of time looking at the main retailers and finding out what customers were saying and what they think of the product. In our search we found 5 reviews, and of these 5 reviews the score that they gave Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress was a fantastic 9.6 out of 10.
One of the most important factors when buying any product, is of course price. This is equally important when buying Mattresses. So let’s spend a minute looking at the price of Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress and seeing how the price stacks up.
The first price analysis we run is to check all of the reputable retailers online to find the best price. The best price that we managed to find Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress was over at Mattress Online for just £227.29.
The next steps is to look at some average prices for similar products. The first was to look at the average price for the 234 products in the Mattresses category. This was £346.47. It’s also worth noting that the most expensive product we found in the category was £1299.95. Whilst the cheapest came in at £61.88. So in all the price of Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress is actually below average for its price.
The next step after that is to look at the brand, and the average price you would expect to pay for a product from Sealy. There are a total of 33 products that we found. The average price of all products that we found from Sealy was £348.31. The cheapest product we managed to find from Sealy was just £39.00 and the most expensive came in at £785.50. So Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress comes in below average for products from Sealy.
The final step in our price analysis was to look in more detail at products from Sealy but only looking at those that specifically feature in the Mattresses category, of which there were 31 products. So the average price of these was £368.24. Then the cheapest we managed to find was £170.95 with the most expensive coming in at £785.50. Which shows that Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress is below average for its price.
So overall, when you consider the scores that Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress achieved, it’s a really good buy for the money.
Here you can find more photos of Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress: Simply Sealy 1000 Pocket Classic Mattress.
and here’s a relevant video we found on YouTube